About the Spell Books
Whether used as a traditional spell book, family recipes, gossip, stories, or memories, an Evil Supply Co. spell book will both enrich your home library and life in general. Pages are US Letter Size (8.5″ x 11″ / 21.59cm x 27.94cm), and the spine is about 2″ thick (5.08cm). Plenty of room to ramble!
Process (approximately 2-4 weeks from your order to final shipment):
- You place the order. Thanks for your business! You will receive an automated order confirmation email.
- I will email you asking what you would like on the title page.
- If you already know, feel free to include it in the special instructions at the end of your order or reply to the order confirmation email.
- If you don’t want anything, I apply the base page option template (grid, lined, etc.) and send it straight into production.
- I make the adjustments to the spell book and send you a proof (typically 4-7 days).
- You approve (we move on to Step 5) or request changes (we return to Step 2).
- After you have approved the final wording, changes cannot be made.
- Please print it out and check the spelling and content!
- Don’t trust your eyes looking at a screen! Print the proof!
- I let you know when your book has gone into production (1-3 days after approval depending on production schedules, holidays, etc.). I’ll give you a rough timeframe of when it ships, but generally speaking, this is about 1-2 weeks.
- I proof the final book to ensure everything printed correctly.
- If everything is perfect, I ship it out and you get a shipping confirmation email with tracking.
- If it did not, I’ll email you and let you know what is going on and how long it’ll take to fix.
Please note: All sales are final.
The interior covers are cream or white (depending on your paper color choice). The very first page, and the very last page as you open the hard covers are blank — these are flyleaf pages and are part of the book’s construction. If this doesn’t make sense, grab a hardcover book and you’ll see what I’m talking about. The first page, sometimes the first few pages, are blank on nearly every hardcover book.
Your customized title page is Page 001 of 800. It is on the right side and will look gorgeous.
Content will be designed in black, gray, and white.
In terms of customization — if it is a generalized term (“Necromancy” for instance), it is likely to appear elsewhere (including a future Evil Supply Co. stock release). If you want something unique, make it unique. If you title it with a customized character, “The Amazing Sam X. Sasquatch’s Chili Spells,” it will not appear in a stock release, though Evil Supply Co. cannot be responsible for tracking who-owns-what term or name. If you are making said Sasquatch chili spell book, and do not want anyone else to make one similar, be careful who you show it to.
After your information has been received, you will be given a timeframe (usually a few days) as to when proofs will be ready. Please check these proofs very carefully as you are responsible for any reprints after you give final approval.
Evil Supply Co. reserves the right to refuse service and refund your purchase price if your content is homophobic, transphobic, racist, sexist, uses hate speech, is similarly offensive, a violation of Evil Supply Co. intellectual property, and/or is bound to get us in legal trouble. Such refusals are based purely on my sole discretion. If you are unsure about a topic, please email firstname.lastname@example.org before ordering.
More customized options than what is presented on the site:
If you want multiple designed pages up front, or half the pages as grid and the other half as lined, or designed pages sprinkled throughout the book, please email email@example.com before ordering. Lets chat before you commit — generally speaking, small changes are made for free. Larger changes will be quoted and will be billed in advance of design or production.
- Interior paper colors cannot be mixed, they are either all white or all cream. Your paper color choice will also be reflected on the flyleaf and the inner, unprinted covers.
- All printing is grayscale (black, white, grays). If you want it in color, this can be arranged, but this roughly doubles the price of your book.
- You can have less pages, but I cannot make a book that is more than 800 pages.
- There is slight wiggle room on the size. For instance, if you wanted a book made in A4 size (8.27″ x 11.69″ / 21.0cm x 21.6cm), I can make it happen at no additional cost, but it will take longer to produce.
- Artwork files are never released.
Spell books (and planners) are printed on 60# cream or white. Its really nice paper, works well, writes wonderfully. If you would like to touch and test the paper before purchase, a paper test is available for the cost of USPS first class postage and payment processing. I keep misprints and experiments handy to unbind and send out samples.
Size and weight:
- 8.5″ x 11″ x 2″ (21.59cm x 27.94cm x 5.08cm)
- Weighs about 5.5 pounds (2450 grams)
Please allow slight variances for binding.
New options will be released in small batches over the coming months, focusing on the basic themes of Evil Supply Co. (witches, Halloween, mermaids and sea monsters, monsters, fey plants, etc.) and expanding roughly every few months. Expansions will include new titles, artwork will focus on patterns and icons.
New covers are the only planned shift in offerings. There are no current plans for new physical sizes, page counts, or interior page options. To stay up to date on new covers, please sign up for the mailing list.